The Antiquatis motto is, "To promote the advancement of religion, spiritual evolution and human ethics via a practical philosophy that places scientific thought in harmony with religious heritage." But what does that mean?
We live in a society that is primarily industrial, scientific and information based. So much goes on with our day-to-day lives, that there is little time to consider spirituality, theology and philosophy--the stuff that brings meaning to life and joy to helping others. And I'm not talking about cleaning toilets at the local church. People need spiritual "substance" just as much as they need food. Spiritual food generates both knowledge an ethical behavior, something that seems to be lacking in the more "civilized" societies.
A life based on a spiritual philosophy is not for everyone, nor is it intended to be. The goal of the monastery is to provide a place (both virtual and physical), away from the rush and demands of every-day, commonplace life, where a person can take the time to think "higher thoughts" and interact with others of similar spirit, to get a better understanding of who we are, why we are here and what we are capable of.
To summarize the basic goals of the Monastery:
- Develop thinking and feeling to higher levels, based on the processes of Nature, to become intelligent in both knowledge and “street” sense.
- To use the strong body and strong mind to create a strong, enduring spirit—intelligence coupled with ethics, resulting in wisdom.
- To develop a lifestyle based on compassion, kindness and open sharing that can be a living example to others who seek a similar path.
- To make this knowledge and process available to those whom seek it, through books, lectures, workshops and the Internet.
As for the implementation goals:
- Begin with an online, "Virtual Monastery," where people can learn how the spiritual process works, through its MANY forms.
- To identify those people who go beyond “lurking” or a casual interest, and are serious about the goals of this monastic approach.
- To work together and with Antiquatis Institute as the corporate sponsor, acquire the land and resources necessary to start such a community.
- To move our lives to the monastic land and start building a lifestyle based on compassion, moderation and kindness, as a demonstrable model to others.
The details of the monastic order, its principles, doctrines, code of ethics, requirements, responsibilities and duties will be worked out in detail on this web site, as we don't want to become a secluded order—we want to be a visible part of the public as an ALTERNATIVE to the corporate lifestyle, just to show that there IS a different way and it CAN BE DONE!